– What do dancers eat?
– Oh, dull things mostly. Nutritious yet not fattening.
– Oh, no, not tonight.
– What could you suggest that would be particularly rich and indigestible? (to the waiter)
– Ah, the ballet was beautiful.
-Madame didn’t think so.
– Well, experts never know. It takes outsiders to know. And I tell you it was beautiful.
– That certainly proves you’re an outsider.
– Do people have to kill each other to give them a heightened life?
– That’s got nothing to do with people killing each other.
Either you’re excited about life or you’re not.
You know, I’ve never been able to wait for the future.
When I was young, a child in fact,
I climbed to the top of a high tree stood like a diver,
and announced to my horified governess:
“Now I shall take a leap into the future”, and jumped.
I was in the hospital for 2 months.
– You should let the future catch up with you more slowly.
– Uncle, I’ve been more than generous, leaving you so long with Myra. Longer would be foolhardy.
– Yes, Roy. You’d better take her away before she discovers that I’m the better man.
I knew I wouldn’t sleep so I’ve been in the garden confiding my luck to the stars. (Roy)
Goodbye, little sentimentalist. (Roy)